Fire Hose Testing Service
FIRE HOSE TESTING, INSPECTION, AND CARE
The purpose of NFPA 1962 is to provide a reasonable level of safety for users of fire hose and a reasonable degree of assurance that the hose, coupling assemblies, appliances and nozzles will perform as designed. This applies to the care of all types of fire hose, coupling assemblies, appliances and nozzles while in service, in use and after use, including inspecting and service testing. Fire hose is the most important and relied-upon tool a firefighter carries.
At Fire & Safety Equipment Company, we offer Fire Hose Testing as a friendly, mobile service. This takes a logistical nightmare off your shoulders and keeps you NFPA 1962 compliant while minimizing out-of-service times. Reach out to us today for more information on our Hose Testing Services.
Some of NFPA 1962 standards include:
• Fire hose users and the authority having jurisdiction shall establish a replacement schedule for their fire hose, which takes into consideration the use, age and testing results.
• Attack fire hose shall be service tested to a minimum of 300 psi. Supply fire hose shall be service tested to a minimum of 200 psi. Testing can be done on a fire department’s own fire apparatus.
• All non-threaded hose connections shall be provided with locks to ensure against unintentional disconnection.
The standard also covers:
• Nozzle service-testing. This should be done at least as frequently as the hose to which it is attached.
• System tests. Each pre-connected line or any attack line used for interior firefighting operations on a fire apparatus, together with the nozzle or hose connected appliance it supplies, shall be flow tested as a system at least annually.
We inspect and service test fire hoses to keep you compliant per N.F.P.A. 1962